Tried to recreate Whole Foods’ Mango Salsa last night. Turned out pretty well! Then baked some chicken with it, and made a big Mango Salsa Chicken Salad. Here’s the recipe:
- 5-6 mangoes, peeled, cored, & diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 fresh jalepenos, seeds removed, minced
- handful of cilantro to taste, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 red onion (I used 2 mini red onions), chopped
- lime juice to taste
Combine ingredients and play with getting a mixture of flavors that you like. We were fans of heavy on the onions, light on the cilantro. Flavors will blend if you chill it in fridge overnight prior to serving.
Mango Chicken Salad:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 spoonfuls of mango salsa
- bowl full chopped of kale and re-tip leaf lettuce (or your favorite type of lettuce)
- more cold mango salsa as topping
In covered baking dish, place sliced chicken and 2 spoonfuls of mango salsa. Bake chicken covered at 400 degrees for 20-25 mins. Toss cooked chicken slices over lettuce and add more mango salsa to taste as a dressing.
And of course you can eat the salsa with chips or toss in a wrap 🙂