Made this recipe last night for the first time and loved it! I got the recipe here.
Spiced Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 cup oven-baked sweet potato, skin removed
- 2 cans garbanzo beans or chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (I used the Alderwood Smoked Salt from Savory Spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
Put the baked sweet potato into a food processor, puree. Add all other ingredients and puree a few minutes until smooth. Our favorite way to eat hummus is with brown rice chips. We buy these brown rice tortillas at Vitamin Cottage, then turn the oven on broil, broil a few tortillas at a time for 2 mins on the first side, then flip & broil another 1 min on the other side. Take out & break into chip pieces.