So I recently realized that I have posted the link on the Prana Fitness Facebook page for the hummus recipe we use almost weekly, but I haven’t posted it fully out on the blog here. Here is our favorite recipe.
- 2 cans organic garbanzo beans/chickpeas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (we use a tiny bit less than this)
- 1/2 cup sesame tahini (in a jar, looks like peanut butter)
- 2-3 fresh garlic cloves, pressed or crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 water
Add all ingredients to a food processor with S blade and puree a few minutes until smooth. The longer you puree, the smoother it gets. We usually puree about 5 mins. Our favorite way to eat hummus is with brown rice chips. We buy these brown rice tortillas at Vitamin Cottage, then turn the oven on broil, broil a few tortillas at a time for 2 mins on the first side, then flip & broil another 1-2 min on the other side. Take out & break into chip pieces. It’s also yummy to eat with fresh sweet snap peas.