Can’t take any credit for this recipe- it’s all from Carlsbad Cravings here– but it’s delicious! Definitely going to try this again. Enjoyed it with pork chops but it would be good as a side dish to anything or enjoyed solo.
Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup wild rice blend, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 Fuji or honeycrisp apple, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Bring broth, apple juice Dijon, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, pepper, dried thyme, oregano, parsley and bay leaf to a boil in a large nonstick skillet. Add rice, cover and reduce heat to low (dial should be just above lowest LOW setting). Simmer 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender and almost all of the liquid has been absorbed, checking rice for doneness at 45 minutes. Once cooked, drain rice and leave in fine hole strainer.
- To the now empty pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Increase heat to medium high and add onions and apples; saute for 5-7 minutes, or until onions and apples are tender. Add garlic and saute for 30 more seconds.
- Return rice to skillet along with cranberries, pecans and apple cider vinegar. Toss to evenly combine. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Garnish as desired.